The Christmas Parade, Light Show, Photos with Santa and Christmas Market will be held on Dec. 5, 2019.
November 2019: All of the best holiday memories embrace tradition. Making memories with family and loved ones with shared experiences of magic and wonder helps to keep the traditions alive. Wagoner is where it’s at for making the most of the season this Christmas!
Wagoner’s Christmas festivities will begin Nov. 23 through Dec. 25 and will feature “a million and more lights,” including a light show set to music, and an incredible array of lighted decorations. Beginning Thanksgiving evening, the entire city will be glowing with brightly lit displays beginning at Highway 69 and 51 East to downtown, and continue to McQuarrie Street. Other activities for the season will include Christmas Tree Lighting, Christmas Parade, Winter Concert Series, Christmas Home Tour, Run Run Rudolph 5k Run, Photos with Santa, Shop Wagoner Promotion, Christmas Selfie Stations, Holiday Bake-Off, Christmas Movie Night, Cartoon Character Photos, Christmas Pop-Up Market, an old fashioned dance, and even an ugly sweater contest! Two hundred seventy lighted snowflakes will adorn the city, and visitors are encouraged the find the “oddball” snowflake that is the only one of its kind. The hunt has become an annual tradition for many! If you find it, don’t share its location-it’s a secret!
Planning Committee Members: back row, L-R; Jennifer Bailey, Kristen Mallett, Kenneth Peters, Dell Davis, Laura Townsend front row, L-R; Janie Barnett and Laurie Hall Not shown; Samantha Call.
An exciting new addition this year, an extraordinary automated light show will begin at 5:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m. each night. Various components will be built, produced, and engineered by Wagoner High School sound and lighting students, a great example of a STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math) initiative to encourage learning and future exploration in these areas of study. “As an event sponsor, we are just glad to be a part of an event that promotes educational enrichment,” said Laura Townsend, Manager Marketing Programs and Community Relations with GRDA. “GRDA has been a public power partner with Wagoner since 1937.” The light show promises lots of surprises!
The City of Wagoner, Wagoner Chamber of Commerce, Downtown Wagoner and the Ft. Gibson Lake Association have partnered to bring the best of the holiday season to visitors and residents of the city. In addition to our partners a special thank you to our many sponsors for their support and to our City Electric, Park, Street and Library Departments for all their assistance.
The spirit of Christmas is vibrantly alive in Wagoner, a city that holds dear community and tradition while preserving its historic charm. “This celebration is about the quality of life for residents, and we want everyone else to see how wonderful Wagoner is,” said Dell Davis, Special Events Coordinator for the City of Wagoner. “It’s really like I’ll Be Home for Christmas. It’s something wonderful for families to do together; a truly traditional style Christmas celebration.”
For more information and to follow updates, follow The Wagoner Chamber Facebook page @wagonerchamber, or the City of Wagoner @cityofwagoner and
@downtownwagoner. Additional information can be found online at www.thecityofwagoner.org, www.downtownwagoner.org, or
“A million and more lights” will be on display throughout the city, including hundreds of lighted displays.
Schedule of Events
- Nov. 9-Dec. 14-Drawing Dec. 18- Merry Money Shop local win cash
- Nov. 23-Winter Concert Series begins Southern Raised*
- Nov. 28-Dec. 25- Light Show, Downtown
- Nov. 30-Winter Concert Series: The Cave Dwellers*
- Dec. 1- Christmas Home Tour*, Christmas Tree Lighting, Holiday Bake-off, Santa Photos, Light Show, 5:30 p.m.
- Dec. 2- Pet Photos with Santa, Ugly Sweater Contest, Light Show, 5:30 p.m.
- Dec. 3-Tucked in Tuesday, PJ Night and Book Reading, Photos with cartoon characters, Light Show, 5:30 p.m.
- Dec. 4- Youth Choir/Carolers Night, Light Show
- Dec. 5-Christmas Parade, Light Show, Photos with Santa, Christmas Market
- Dec. 6- Old Fashioned Dance, Light Show, Christmas Market
- Dec. 7- Winter Concert Series- 10:30 a.m. Doc Rogers Magic Show for Kids (free). 7 p.m. Evening concert by James Muns Band with Mark McClurg 7 p.m.*, Light Show, Run, Run, Rudolph 5K Run, Christmas Market
- Dec. 5, 6, 7, 13, 14, 20, 21-Christmas Market-Downtown
- Dec. 13-Free Christmas Movie-Civic Center 6 p.m.
- Dec. 14-Winter Concert Series- 10:30 a.m. Doug Anderson-ventriloquist for Kids (free) 7 p.m. Evening Concert featuring the Cherokee National Youth Choir, Christmas Market
- Dec. 21-Christmas Show featuring Whitney Peters-Bradley, Rachel Janaelle, Adam Foreman. Branson -style show full of yuletide cheer-Benefit for WAGS 7:30 p.m.
*Ticketed event- $5.00 for adults, $15 for a family ticket 4-pack
** Dates, times, performances, activities subject to change-some events may be subject to extreme weather.
See more about The City of Wagoner: Your Christmas Destination!: