LIFE Senior Services and Tulsa Police Department’s Senior Service Unit are pleased to host the 2018 Senior Safety and Lifestyle Fair, July 24, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. at the Exchange Center at Expo Square.
The Senior Safety and Lifestyle Fair promotes health and safety, active aging and independent living for older adults and also offers information and support for family caregivers.
The event is free and open to the public.
According to Det. Debbie Crisp, TPD Senior Services Unit, “We want seniors to feel safe, valued and appreciated. We are here to not only protect them, but also help them access community-based programs and services that will improve their quality of life. We are excited about partnering with LIFE Senior Services to put a spotlight on some of the programs, organizations and activities that can help seniors stay active, involved and healthy.”
The event will feature over 100 exhibitors ranging from senior activity centers; community and volunteer organizations; home improvement companies; financial, legal and insurance advisors and pet adoptions, to physicians and clinics, assistive services and devices, home health and hospice organizations and senior living communities.
Highlights of the event include:
- 7:30AM Pre-Event – Free breakfast followed by a Medicare Fraud presentation with Oklahoma Insurance Department. Reservations required by July 13 and can be made by calling 1-800-763-2828.
- 9AM – Event opens with 100+ exhibitors
- 9:30AM – 3 p.m. – Education presentations. Come learn about protecting your identity, recognizing fraud and scams, and safely disposing of medications.
- OU Physicians will offer free health screenings, including blood pressure, BMI, fall risk, A1C diabetes and three ultrasound screenings for vascular problems. “Ask the Doctor” with Dr. Carment and Dr. Weakley at the OU Physicians booth.
- Rx Take Back with Tulsa Health Department, CAPSAT and OBNDD. Bring in your expired or unwanted prescriptions and over-the-counter medications for safe disposal.
- Noon – 3PM – AARP Oklahoma free shredding truck. Bring your old tax, medical and banking records or even prescription tags and junk mail for safe, on-site destruction.
- Visit with the Paw Pals therapy dogs or take home your own new pet! Zoi’s Animal Rescue, Puppy Haven and Oklahoma Alliance for Animals will have rescue pets for adoption.
- Bingo and door prizes.
- Free goodie bags for the first 800 people who attend.
Presenting sponsors of the event are OU Physicians and News On 6.
See more about Free Safety and Lifestyle Fair for Older Adults: