First of all, VALUES and ValueNews.com will not share your specific personal information with any third party, without your explicit authorization, period, except for authorized agents of Value News, Inc. (see below). We value your privacy, and we want to protect it.
What Personal Information About Customers Does VALUES Gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your shopping experience at VALUES and ValueNews.com. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing your VALUES and ValueNews.com experience, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses ValueNews.com. A number of companies offer utilities designed to help you visit Web sites anonymously. Although we will not be able to provide you with a personalized experience at VALUES and ValueNews.com if we cannot recognize you, we want you to be aware that these tools exist.
- E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we may receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from VALUES and ValueNews.com if your computer supports such capabilities. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust Your Account settings.
- Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
Will VALUES Share My Information With Other Companies?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below and with subsidiaries Amazon.com, Inc. controls that either are subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
- If you indicated that you would like to receive information about sales, special promotions and other offers from Value News advertisers, VALUES and ValueNews.com will not share your personal information with any advertisers. We will not sell or share our Registered User list to those advertisers. Notices of sales, special promotions and other offers will be sent directly from VALUES and ValueNews.com or it's Agents to you by postal mail or electronically on behalf of the advertiser. This is a great way for you to receive money-saving information from your favorite local merchants and service providers without revealing your identity to them.
- Agents: We employ a select few companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include sending postal mail and email, analyzing data, processing credit card payments, and maintaining this website. These companies and individuals have access to personal information as needed to perform their respective functions, but they are strictly prohibited from using it for any other purposes or sharing it with others.
- VALUES and ValueNews.com may share broad user statistics information with advertisers and prospective advertisers for the purpose of promoting our advertising services. For example, we may reveal the total number of registered users, total female users within a particular geographical area, total users under the age of 25, etc. But we will not share user identities, addresses, or specific information about individual users.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
Is My Information Secure?
We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
We reveal only the last five digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to Log Out of your VALUES and ValueNews.com user session when finished using a shared computer. To Log Out, select the "Log Out" button from any VALUES and ValueNews.com webpage displaying the User Welcome Box at the left of the page. Note: if you are not logged in to a Registered User account, the User Welcome Box is not available, but is replaced with the User Login Box
Can I Access and Edit My Information?
VALUES and ValueNews.com gives you the ability to access and edit your basic account information. To do so, select the "Your Account" link on any VALUES and ValueNews.com webpage displaying the User Welcome Box at the left of the page. Note: if you are not logged in to a Registered User account, the User Welcome Box is not available, but is replaced with the User Login Box.
Do I Have To Have A Registered User Account To Access ValueNews.com?
The answer is no. You can visit most VALUES and ValueNews.com webpages without becoming a Registered User. However, you will be missing out on the primary benefits that VALUES and ValueNews.com has to offer. Only Registered VALUES and ValueNews.com Users can access the many valuable coupons available from local merchants and service providers on VALUES and ValueNews.com. Only registered users can purchase Value Classifieds, the affordable online classified ad system. Plus, as more features become available in the future, access to those features may be limited to Registered Users.
VALUES and ValueNews.com does not sell products or services for purchase by children. If you are under 18, you may use VALUES and ValueNews.com only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.