Experiencing Hearing Loss?

Dr. Scott Young, owner of Hearing Solution Centers in Tulsa, says, “Many people who suffer from hearing loss are either unaware of their condition and never take advantage of the advanced technologies that are available today.”

By: Duane Blankenship | Category: Health & Fitness | Issue: November 2009

Dr. Scott Young demonstrates the state-of-the-art technology used by Hearing Solution Centers to optimize patients’ hearing.

Our lives are enriched by the experiences we have through our sense of hearing, and when hearing is lost, it cannot be reversed. However, an AudigyCertified™ audiologist can apply his knowledge with appropriate care and today’s state-of-the-art technology to lessen the effect of hearing loss and improve the quality of the sounds one hears. Dr. Scott Young, owner of Hearing Solution Centers in Tulsa, says, “Many people who suffer from hearing loss are either unaware or ashamed of their condition, and never take advantage of the advanced technologies that are available today.”

During the first stages of hearing impairment, the higher frequencies are usually the first lost. An early symptom might be difficulty hearing or understanding the voices of children. Some people call this “selective listening,” but in fact, it is an early sign of hearing impairment. Do you or someone you know ever have difficulty differentiating words that sound alike? Some of our consonant sounds are in a much higher pitch range than vowels; therefore, a person experiencing some degree of hearing loss has difficulty understanding them.

Are there ways of preventing hearing loss? Dr. Young says that avoiding loud noises may help prevent premature hearing loss and the perception of Sound Voids™. “There are some easy ways to identify if particular sounds are potentially harmful,” he explains. If you have difficulty talking or hearing others talk over a particular sound, if the sound makes your ears hurt, if your ears ring after hearing the sound, or if other sounds seem to be muffled after your exposure to the potentially harmful sound, that sound may be damaging your hearing. Our bodies seem to have a way of telling us if we are hearing something that is potentially harmful.  

“Our digital hearing aids will not whistle when inserted properly in the ear,” says Dr. Young. He highly recommends digital hearing aids because of their remarkable technology. “Hearing Solution Centers uses at least eight manufacturers of highly technical digital hearing devices, because the base products come to us as templates comprising about 35 percent of the finished product. An audiologist adds the remaining 65 percent of data, ensuring that each patient is getting a product designed to his or her specific hearing loss issues.” Hearing systems come in a variety of designs, with a wide range of functions and features to address the needs of each recipient.

Hearing Solution Centers provides a guarantee that includes a three-year loss and damage warranty, three years of free batteries, and a 75-day evaluation period. Hearing aid centers are required by Oklahoma law to offer a minimum 30-day evaluation period.  

In addition to the warranty, Hearing Solution Centers offers attractive financing in order to make a superior product available to just about anyone with hearing problems.

If you suffer from hearing loss, Dr. Young urges you to visit the website for Hearing Solution Centers. It contains information to help you understand the importance of hearing well, plus what might be contributing to your hearing loss.  

Dr. Scott Young enjoys helping patients hear again. Do you need help?

For more information, contact

Hearing Solution Centers

5525 E. 51st St. #500Tulsa, OK 74135(918) 602-4108www.hearingsolutioncenters.com

Duane Blankenship Profile Picture

About Author Duane Blankenship

Blankenship graduated from the University of Oklahoma and has enjoyed a lifetime career in advertising. He started his own advertising business in 1993 and enjoys creating graphic art and writing. Hobbies include hunting, fishing and pencil drawings. Duane and his wife, Janice, have been married over 50 years and are active in their church and community. He has been a contributing writer for Value News/Values Magazine since 2005.

« All November 2009 Stories

Hearing Solution Centers

For more information, contact:

Hearing Solution Centers

Hearing Solution Centers Online:

More about Hearing Solution Centers:

Current Coupons/Offers

For Free!