Image of Better Air Duct Cleaning Advertisement
 

Locals Raise Funds to Fight Breast Cancer

Jenks and Collinsville residents will host a garage sale May 19 and 20 to raise money for the Dallas and Ft. Worth Breast Cancer 3-Day.

By: Value News | Category: In Our Communities | Issue: May 2007

Debbie Trevino and Shauna Henry are raising money to fight breast cancer.

Shauna Henry of Jenks and Debbie Trevino of Collinsville will be holding a garage sale from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on May 19 and 20 at 419 E. F St. in Jenks. The two are joining thousands of other dedicated women and men in raising money for the Dallas / Ft. Worth Breast Cancer 3-Day, a three-day, 60-mile walk to benefit Susan G. Komen for the Cure and the National Philanthropic Trust Breast Cancer Fund. Items for sale will include furniture, children’s clothes and toys, miscellaneous household items, books and many other things.

In order to participate, each walker must train for the event and commit to raising a minimum of $2,200. “Many walkers raise more than the minimum. In fact, event organizers report the average amount raised is $2, 900,” says Henry.

Henry initially decided to participate in the event as a way to get in shape. “Recently, however, my sister-in-law was diagnosed with breast cancer and had to have a mastectomy,” Henry says. “I wanted to do something bold to help fight the disease. What better way than to set a goal to accomplish something challenging and rewarding. I look forward to marching through the streets of Dallas with thousands of others as we raise awareness and funds for the breast cancer movement.”

Taking place in 12 cities nationwide, the Breast Cancer 3-Day provides an opportunity to educate thousands of people about breast health, as well as the importance of early detection. Proceeds from the Breast Cancer 3-Day are used for breast cancer research and community outreach programs. As the primary beneficiary of the Breast Cancer 3-Day, Susan G. Komen for the Cure receives 85 percent of net proceeds, while the remaining 15 percent goes to the National Philanthropic Trust Breast Cancer Fund. To learn how to participate or volunteer with the Breast Cancer 3-Day, visit www.the3day.org or call (800) 996-3DAY.

Attend the garage sale May 19 and 20 to find new things for your home while supporting a good cause. You can also help Henry and Trevino reach their goal by making a donation at the online donation page: www.the3day.org/dallas07/hotsteppers.

For more information, contact

Shauna Henry

eat0@eau0eav0eaw0
www.the3day.org


Image of Value News Advertisement
« All May 2007 Stories

Shauna Henry

For more information, contact:

Shauna Henry



Image of Healthy Sleep Advertisement

Subscribe
For Free!