By: Value News | Category: Home Improvement | Issue: October 2022
For over 45 years, Black Hat Cleaning Services owner David Harris, Sr. has been serving N.E. Oklahoma.
WHY FALL CHIMNEY AND DRYER VENT CLEANING ARE IMPORTANT:
1. Breathing – Seems simple right? Lingering creosote and ash in your chimney and fireplace stagnate and your respiratory health suffers. A clean-smelling chimney will improve your mood and you’ll be open to welcome visitors.
2. Safety – Approximately 23,000 chimney fires occur every year, causing nearly a billion dollars in damage, and potentially the loss of lives. Having your chimney cleaned annually will help you avoid a disaster.
3. Dryer vent lint not only accumulates in your lint traps, but it can also build up in your dryer vents. As most of us know, this lint is extremely flammable, and buildup can lead to dryer fires.
Is having your dryer vents professionally cleaned worth the money?
As lint and other debris build up in the dryer vents, it constricts airflow to the dryer. With less air, the dryer is forced to work harder to heat the air, producing hotter and hotter air as the dryer vents get progressively more clogged. Left uncleaned, the superheated air can ignite the lint and lead to a home fire.
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission estimates that clogged dryer vents are the cause of more than 15,000 home fires each year. Dryer vent fires cause more than $200 million in damages to homes and properties and can be largely prevented with regular cleanings.
SIGNS YOU HAVE CLOGGED DRYER VENTS:
1. Regular loads of clothes are not fully dry after a full cycle.
2. Clothes or the dryer are too hot to touch.
3. Loads take progressively longer to dry completely.
4. The laundry room area around the dryer becomes warmer after use.
5. More lint is found in the lint trap or can be seen around exterior vents.
Black Hat Cleaning Services Owner, David Harris, Sr., helps homeowners reduce fire risk. Since 1977, his work has been devoted to helping homeowners stay safe. His iconic black top hat is his long-time symbol of honesty, integrity, and unsurpassed professionalism. You know you’re getting the absolute best in chimney, air duct, and dryer vent cleaning the moment he arrives at your door. Through the years he has developed the most trusted name in our area for these services. His longevity in the business is a testament to his dedication to quality and customer service.
Through the years, just as David’s hat has gotten taller, his services have evolved along with technology with increased efficiency, time-savings, and quality.
45 years in business and David continues to love his work, his forever customers, and new ones too!
Elected to the Oklahoma State House of Representatives, District 9, in 2014, Mark Lepak has been an effective legislator. ... Read more »
Friday & Saturday September 30 - October 29 Halloween is spooky business at the Castle of Muskogee and the resident ghouls have been working hard to ensure top thrills for all visitors! ... Read more »
Northeast Oklahoma: Annabelle’s Fun Farm - 444584 E. 110 Rd., Welch, OK 74369(918) 323-6352annabellesfunfarm.com Carmichael’s Pumpkin Patch - 1…... Read more »
Tulsa Oktoberfest 2022 celebrates 43 years of authentic Bavarian culture in the heart of Oklahoma. ... Read more »
For more than 120 years, the Indian Women’s Pocahontas Club has upheld the values, the culture and the customs of the Cherokee people. ... Read more »