Category: Automotive | Issue: October 2020
October is Fall Car Care Month
Tips for the Team
Basic auto care goes a long way toward improving the safety and dependability of a vehicle. These maintenance procedures will help make sure your vehicle is operating at its best before winter arrives. Taking a little time for auto care now can help you avoid the headaches of a costly emergency breakdown later.
1. Check all fluids, including engine oil, power steering, brake and transmission as well as windshield washer solvent and antifreeze/coolant.
2. Check the hoses and belts to make sure they are not cracked, brittle, frayed, loose or showing signs of excessive wear.
3. Check the battery and replace if necessary. Make sure the connection is clean, tight and corrosion-free.
4. Check the brake system annually and have the brake linings, rotors and drums inspected at each oil change.
5. Inspect the exhaust system for leaks, damage and broken supports or hangers if there is an unusual noise. Exhaust leaks can be dangerous and must be corrected with out delay.
6. Check the engine to make sure it is delivering the best balance of power and fuel economy and producing the lowest level of emissions.
7. Check the heating, ventilating and air conditioning (HVAC) system as proper heating and cooling performance is critical for interior comfort and safety reasons, such as defrosting.
8. Inspect the steering and suspension system annually, including shock absorbers, struts and chassis parts such as ball joints, tie rod ends and other related components.
9. Check the tires, including tire pressure and tread. Uneven wear indicates a need for wheel alignment. Tires should also be checked for bulges and bald spots.
10. Check the wipers and lighting so that you can see and be seen. Check that all interior and exterior lighting is working properly and replace worn wiper blades so you can see clearly when driving during precipitation.
(L to R) David Vidales, Paul Fraily and Devyn Wilson take pride in giving you one-on-one excellent customer service.
We offer financing for service repairs.
4627 S. Memorial
Bob Moore Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram in Tulsa is well-known for their longevity and customer service as a family-owned auto group in Oklahoma. Located at 4627 S. Memorial Drive, their salesmanship is unsurpassed, as is their highest-level quality service center. Bob Moore customers will find that the level of exceptional service is unchanged but improved. One new element is the inclusion of in-house availability of genuine MOPAR parts and accessories for most vehicles, including Jeep and high-performance cars and trucks. Running boards, lift kits, tires, wheels, and all types of accessories will be available on-site, rather than needing to be ordered in. Also coming to the Bob Moore Service Center will be added technicians, to ensure the fastest and most efficient service time. For more information on Bob Moore Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram’s Service, visit their website at www.chryslerdodgejeepramoftulsa.com/service-department/ or give them a call at (918)663-6343.